Linked files are available in English only.
Blackboard is fully committed to ensuring all products and services we deliver are both usable and accessible to all users regardless of age, ability, or situation. In keeping with our strong tradition of leadership around accessibility, our products are designed and developed in accordance with the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA as well as the Section 508 standards in the United States. A third party conducts regular audits of our software to ensure quality expectations are being met and maintained.
For the best Web Community Manager (WCM) experience with your screen reader use ChromeTM and Jaws on a Windows® system. On a Mac® use Safari® and VoiceOver.
Industry standard keyboard interactions are used throughout Web Community Manager. Keyboard navigation patterns differ between browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome), but the interactions within any particular browser are common and consistent.
If you are using a Mac with Firefox or Safari and are having difficulty navigating using your keyboard, review and update your operating system and browser settings. This ensures they are properly configured for keyboard navigation. To learn more, see the following information:
The Web Community Manager platform approaches accessibility in the following ways:
- Template-based pages and apps provide consistent interactions and user experience across pages
- Allows clients to configure their templates while still remaining within the color contrast ratio
- Provides full support for keyboard navigation
- Text can be resized 200 percent without loss of content or functionality
- Contains page titles with the name of the workspace within which the user is working
Blackboard Ally for Web Community Manager
Your school is full of diverse students with unique learning abilities. Providing them with more accessible original content means they can choose formats that work best for them: HTML for improved reading on mobile phones, Electronic Braille for the visually impaired, and Audio for learning on the go. Ally automatically scans your original content, and performs a series of steps to make them more accessible.
- Provide an institution-wide course content accessibility report
- Provide accessibility scores
- Generate alternative formats for students to download
Don't have Blackboard Ally? Talk to your Blackboard representative.