The Certificate activity is a third-party enhancement tool. It creates certificates/diplomas for students and is completely customizable. You can add borders, watermarks, seals and even show grade information. You are also able to establish conditions for completion, such as attainment of a certain grade, before students are able to print their certificate.
More on the Moodle website about downloading and installing the certificate module (may be available in English only)
Configure the certificate activity
Steps in Snap: Admin > Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Certificate
Steps in other themes: Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Certificate
- Access the Administration block and select Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Certificate.
- Designate an Alternate Pix Path by entering one in the text box. This is the path from the Moodle dataroot to the primary certificate pix path.
After filling this field out, you must save/submit this form to read that directory and continue setup.
- Select defaults for the following images:
- Default Border/Background If valid images are found in mod_certificate/borders, you may select the default image here.
- Default Seal or Logo If valid images are found in mod_certificate/seals, you may select the default image here.
- Default Signature If valid images are found in mod_certificate/signatures, you may select the default image here.
- Default Watermark If valid images are found in mod_certificate/watermarks, you may select the default image here.
- Select Upload to go to a new screen where you can upload image(s) to any valid directory.
- When you have the images selected choose the upload destination from the drop-down menu to add the image(s) to; borders, seals, signatures and watermarks.
- Select Save changes and the images are added to the destination folders and are available for selection when creating a Certificate activity.