Ally provides accessibility reports by department based on the configured institutional hierarchy in your Learning Management System (LMS). Use the departmental level reports to understand how different parts of your institution perform around accessibility, determine where to target efforts, and gain insights.
Global or root administrators can select the Directory tab in the institutional report to access the departmental level reports.
Configure the departmental reports on your LMS to display departments and associated courses to the administrators who can manage those departments.
The directory lists the departments or nodes at your institution. For each department you see the total number of new and updated courses, total number of new and updated content items, and the accessibility score for the department.
The totals and scores are based on the time period selected in the Overview tab.
If a department has more than one level, a Sub-levels button is available to narrow your view to a specific level in the department.
There is an accessibility report for every department in the directory. Select View report to see how the department is doing.
The departmental report is similar to the overall institutional report but shows the departmental data only. The report is split into these tabs:
- Overview: Shows you how digital course content in the department is performing by month, term, or academic year. It shows you the overall accessibility score, the total number of courses and content created, as well as accessibility issues found.
- Courses: Shows how digital course content in the department is performing by course and by term. The table shows all courses in the department with accessibility issues.
- Usage: Shows how often students download an alternative format and instructors fix accessibility issues in the department.
- Directory: Only displays when there are sub-levels in the department.
Set up your LMS institutional hierarchy
Ally's departmental report is based on the configured institutional hierarchy in your Learning Management System (LMS). The hierarchy must be set up in your LMS to complete the set up for administrators to view the departmental reports.
- Blackboard Learn: Configured institutional hierarchy
- Instructure Canvas: Configured sub-account structure
- Moodle: Configured categories
- D2L Brightspace: Configured “Department” organizational units
The “Directory” tab won't display if no institutional hierarchy is configured in the LMS.
The departmental report uses the information from the LMS institutional hierarchy to display departments and associated courses to the administrators who can manage those departments. Global administrators see everything. Departmental or node administrators only see reports for the departments they are assigned.