The app keeps your grades front and center, so you always know how you're doing.
You can access your grades in two ways.
- Grades on the main menu
- Course Overview in a course
Grades for all courses
Select Grades on the main menu to see a quick view of your overall grades for all courses. The grade display of letter, percentage, or points depends on the instructor's settings for the course. Tap a course grade to view your graded work.
Overall grades are not available on the Grades page for Ultra courses by default. Your instructor needs to set up the overall grade in order for it to show in the app. However, you can tap an Ultra course to view your graded work.
Grades for individual courses
In a course, your current grade displays at the top of the Course Overview. Tap the course grade to view your graded work.
View your graded work
After you access grades from the main menu or an individual course, tap a course grade to see your submitted assignments, tests, quizzes, and graded discussions.
To return to grades for all courses, tap the back arrow until the Menu button appears. Next, select Grades.
When you tap a graded discussion, you see the entire discussion. Access your course on a web browser to see a collection of your posts only.
- Grading rubrics are listed under Details if your instructor associated a rubric with the item. In the app, you can view the rubric to see descriptions and point values for each criterion. Access your course on a desktop web browser to see the points earned and written feedback for each criterion as well as overall rubric feedback from your instructor.
- You may see calculated grades, such as running totals, if your instructor uses them. Tap a graded item to view its details, a list of your attempts, and the dates and times you submitted.
In addition to your grades, you may be able to view your test and assignment attempts in the app.
Ultra course attempts:
Assignment attempts are visible.
Test attempts are visible. Your instructor chooses whether you can view the correct answers or just the questions.
Original course attempts:
- Assignment attempts are visible.
- Test attempt visibility depends on test settings your instructor chose. If you can't view your attempt in the app, access it in a web browser instead.
For tests and assignments, your instructor may provide feedback on your attempt with your grade. The feedback you see in the app differs for Ultra and Original Courses.
Ultra course test and assignment feedback:
- Rich text
- File attachments
Original course test and assignment feedback:
- Plain text only. Access your course on a desktop browser to see richer feedback, if available.
- Response feedback for individual answers to questions is not visible in the app. If your instructor provided this type of feedback, access your course on a desktop browser to view it.
Grade rounding in the app
The Blackboard app enforces these rounding rules that may cause grades to display differently from than the Blackboard Learn desktop browser experience. Check your grade on a web browser to view all available decimals.
- If the score or percentage is greater than 100, it is rounded to the nearest whole number.
- If the score or percentage is less than 100, it is rounded to 2 decimal places.
- Insignificant figures are not displayed.
Grade color display
Grades display with corresponding colors in the app by default. If your grades display without color, it's due to an institution setting.