Community engagement and content management give you access to more features.
Blackboard offers add-on bundles for Learn. If your school uses them, you might have enhanced features. You control whether these features are available to your users. If one feature in a set is available, it doesn't mean the other features are too.
If your institution has access to community engagement features, you'll be able to use:
- Institution Roles
- Institutional Hierarchy, including Domains
- Social Learning Tools, including:
- Notifications Dashboard
This topic is intended for instructors. Use your browser's back function to return here when you're finished.
- Enhanced ability to edit, create, and place Tabs & Modules. When community engagement features are enabled, you and your users may see additional tabs and modules appear on the My Institution page.
- Advanced customization of Brands & Themes
Doesn't seem familiar? If your institution is grades K-12, you may also have access to Community Engagement, but different features are included. Learn more about Community Engagement for K-12 users.
If your institution has access to content management features, you can use:
- Content Collection. When enabled, course files will be contained in the Content Collection instead of Course Files. You'll see Content Collection in the course menu where Course Files used to appear. A new tab also appears on the My Institution page. You can control Content Collection features in the Content Management menu on the Administrator Panel.
- Open Content