Modules contain information about what's happening in users' courses, and they may be able to access commonly used tools. Modules appear on the My Institution tab or customized module tabs. From the Manage Modules page, administrators add and edit modules as well as control the content of modules.
To choose which modules appear on a tab, use the Default Content page for a particular content area.
- On the Administrator Panel, in the Communities section, select Tabs and Modules.
- Select Modules. This table describes the available tasks.
Managing modules To Select Add a module Create Module. Delete a module The check box for the module in the list, and then Delete. Edit a module Edit Properties from the menu for a module in the list. Set system availability from this menu. Customize the content of a module Edit Contents from the menu for a module in the list. View a module The module name. The module will appear as users see it on a tab.
- Select Submit.
Content Collection modules
If your institution has access to content management features, an additional set of Portal Modules is available:
- Content Collection: Bookmarks
- Content Collection: Institution Content
- Content Collection: My Content
- Content Collection: Organization Content
- Content Collection: Search Content
- Content Collection: Workflow Activities
- Content Collection: Course Content
Making the Course Content module available to students might give them access to course content that instructors don't want them to view. This module displays all of the content in the Content Collection for the course, regardless of adaptive release settings.