On this page
Considering a migration for your Blackboard Learn environment?
Here's everything you need to know about migrating to Blackboard Learn SaaS, or migration from Self-Hosted environments to Managed Hosting. Your Account Executive can provide you with the options and considerations for such a move, including the transition path to Managed Hosting or SaaS (including whether the Ultra experience is right for you), support and optional services included in the migration, and timelines and migration options.
This section provides supporting information as you and your Blackboard account team discuss and prepare for a Blackboard Learn migration:
- Gathering information about your current Blackboard Learn environment: Blackboard needs some detailed information about your current system, building blocks, and your plans to help determine the right options for your institution. Explore tools you can use to provide this information quickly and easily.
- Ways to migrate to Blackboard Learn Managed Hosting or SaaS: There are many ways to migrate Blackboard Learn. Read more about the differences between these approaches and understand your options.
- Prepare your current system for a move to Blackboard Learn SaaS: If you are moving to a SaaS deployment with a full system migration, complete these pre-requisite activities ahead of the migration.
You may consider other changes to your Blackboard Learn environment as part of your migration. Consult other key areas covered elsewhere on Blackboard Help.
- Find out more about the SaaS deployment
- Find out more about the Flexible Deployment Option for SaaS deployments
- Upgrade or enhance your SIS integration
- Introduce SSO or other authentication changes with the authentication framework
- Learn more about the latest releases