User Interface Management
On this page
Blackboard Learn includes several tabs as part of the portal. Following are the basic tabs included with Blackboard Learn:
- My Institution: This tab acts as a gateway to the portal and provides users with content from within and outside the Blackboard Learn environment.
- Courses: An online area dedicated to learning. From this tab, users access the websites for their courses.
- System Admin: Only accessible by users with administrator privileges.
If your institution has access to community engagement features, advanced tabs and the ability to create new tabs are also available. You can access these advanced tabs and tab templates:
- Community: An online area dedicated to clubs, organizations, and other activities.
- Services: Typically used to connect users to other Institutional offerings.
- The Web: A tab that can be set to access a URL and display the content within the tab. By default this tab is hidden.
- Module tab: Administrators can create additional tabs that include modules similar to the My Institution tab.
- Tool tab: Administrators can create additional tabs that point to a tool within Blackboard Learn.
- Link tab: Administrators can create additional tabs that point to a URL.