Your Course View
All of your course content appears in the main part of the page. When you open a piece of content, it slides out in a panel on top of the Course Content page. Close the panel to go back to a previous spot in your course.
Learn Ultra supports up to three levels of hierarchy for content nesting on the Course Content page. For example, a folder within a folder is two levels. A folder within a folder within a learning module is an example of three levels. Your institution can choose to add an additional level of content nesting. Ask your Ultra administrator whether your institution uses this option.
When you select a folder or learning module, it will expand to display the content nested inside that folder or learning module. When you select an item such as an assessment, document, or link, the content slides out in a panel on top of the Course Content page. Close the panel to navigate back to a previous spot in your course. You can search for course content by title by using the magnifying glass icon. The icon appears at the center of the right side of the Course Content page.
- Navigation bar: Open frequently used tools in one step. Select a tab to access Content, Calendar, Announcements, Discussions, Gradebook, Messages, or Analytics.
- Details & Actions: Manage your course with these options:
- Roster: View your class list. You can access basic profile cards and match faces to names. You can also send messages to anyone involved with your course.
- Course Description: Provide your students with a high-level summary of your course's goals, expectations, and pedagogical approach to the course.
- Course Groups: You can create group sets to use for graded assignments, tests, and discussions. You can also create groups for activities other than graded work, such as volunteering or field trips. Students can also be asked to self-enroll in groups.
- Progress Tracking: Track student progress relating to content and assessments in your course.
- Course Image: If allowed, you can add a course banner image to personalize your course. Your image is displayed along the top of the Course Content page and as the course card thumbnail in the Courses list.
- Course is open: Open a course when you're ready for students to participate. Or make a course private while you add or experiment with content, and then open it to students when you're ready. Students see private courses in their course lists, but they can't access them.
- Class Collaborate: Use Class Collaborate sessions as a convenient launch point for scheduled and impromptu workspaces for students.
- Attendance: Mark attendance grades and access detailed records.
- Books & Tools: Displays tools available in your course and your institution.
- Question Banks: Create a database of questions you can reuse in multiple assessments. You can create new question banks or import existing ones to use in your courses.
- Announcements: Create or schedule course announcements for all course members to view.
- Course content: All of your course content appears on the Course Content page. Select the plus sign wherever you want to add content. If you want to copy or import content, open the menu on the right side above the content list. When you select a folder or learning module, it will expand to display the content nested inside that folder or learning module. When you select an item such as an assessment, document, or link, the content slides out in a panel on top of the Course Content page. Close the panel to navigate back to a previous spot in your course. You can search for course content by title by using the magnifying glass icon. The icon appears at the center of the right side of the Course Content page.
New activity: If you've enabled conversations on content, activity icons appear for new conversation activity. The activity icon, which resembles a speech bubble, also appears with new discussions and group conversation activity.
If you see a gauge icon next to your files, your institution uses Blackboard Ally to measure the accessibility of your course content. To learn more, visit Ally help for instructors.
Watch a video about the course environment
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Navigate Inside a course with the Ultra Experience showcases Ultra's modern, comfortable, and simple interface. The streamlined navigation and workflows are designed to allow you to get in, get done, and get out.