The language pack editor allows the user to select and edit one locale bundle at a time. A locale bundle is a file that consists of a set of related text strings. For example, the announcements.properties file includes text strings related to the announcements feature. When a locale bundle is opened in the language pack editor, the original text appears alongside the editable text. The original text remains on the page as a reference once the text string is translated, so users may always refer back to it.
Languages are automatically set as unavailable at the system level. You can change availability through the language pack's menu.
- Select Language Packs on the Administrator Panel. In older versions, Language Packs is under Tools and Utilities.
- Select Manage in the language pack's menu.
- To make this language pack available for use in your Blackboard Learn environment, select Available.
- Set Language Pack Availability for courses, organizations, users. When you make a language available as a user language, students and instructors can choose this user interface language if they prefer. If they don't choose a specific language, their interface uses the system default language.
- To make user interface text appear in this language for all users by default, select Default.
- Select or create an Ultra locale if you'd like to customize strings in the Ultra experience.
- Select the default calendar format for this language pack.
- Select Submit.