Tests and Assignments in the Blackboard App
En aquesta pàgina
You can take tests and submit assignments in the Blackboard app. If a test isn't mobile compatible, you're directed to a browser view of the test.
The app helps you stay organized and know when tests and assignments are due.
- Stream lets you know when new course content, assignments, and tests are available and when work is due. Click an item in the activity stream to go right to your course.
- Due Dates in the navigation panel shows upcoming assignments and tests for all of your courses so that you can prioritize your work.
- Course Content for each course lists assignments and tests. Course work that is due soon is highlighted in red to show that it needs to be completed.
- Due Dates within each course show what's coming up for that course only.
- Push notifications appear on your device even if you don't have the Blackboard app open. Notifications give you an extra reminder about announcements, new tests, upcoming or past due tests, new grades, new content items, and new courses.
- Access an assignment from Due Dates in the menu or in a course.
- Read the assignment details.
- Tap Start Attempt.
- Complete the questions.
- Tap Add Content.
- Add Text: Type text that you want your instructor to receive with your assignment submission.
- Add File: Attach one or more files. You can look for files on your phone or in your Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive cloud storage. If you select a cloud service that you haven't linked to the Blackboard app yet, you're prompted to sign in to that service.
- Tap the plus sign to add more files or text. Tap the trash can to delete an attachment.
- Tap Save for Later if you aren't done working or Submit to turn in your work now.
There is a file size limit of 250 MB for assignment submissions.
If your instructor associated a rubric with an assignment, it's listed under Details. You can view the rubric before you start the submission.
- Access a test from Due Dates in the menu or in a course.
- Read the test details.
- Tap Start Attempt.
- Tap Save for Later if you aren't finished working or Submit to turn in your assignment now.
If you see that Drafts are disabled and you can't save for later, your instructor selected a setting that requires you to complete the test in one session.
For tests in Ultra courses, you also have the option to Add Content like in assignments.
When instructors create tests, they might include test questions that aren't compatible with the app. If a test isn't mobile compatible, you're directed to a browser view of the test. It's best to take these types of tests on a web browser instead of the app.
You can take tests with these question types in the app: Multiple Choice, True/False, Either/Or, Short Answer, and Essay. If tests contain other question types, you're directed to a browser view of the test.
View grades and feedback
After your instructor grades your work, you can view your scores and feedback right in the app.
What if I have a technical difficulty?
For long assignments and tests, periodically save drafts. This option is available if your instructor has allowed draft saving. Drafts are stored locally on your device and are maintained until you submit the assignment or test.
If you lose your internet connection unexpectedly, contact your instructor immediately.