Quick Start for Blackboard Instructor
On this page
- Your school needs to enable mobile device access.
Use the Mobile School Finder Page (available in English only) to search for your school.
- You need a Blackboard Learn account at your school.
Log in to the app with the same username and password provided by your school.
- Your device needs one of these operating systems:
The Blackboard Instructor app is available on iOS and Android tablets and phones.
Use these steps to download and install the app.
- From your tablet or phone, access the appropriate app store.
Download on your Apple® deviceDownload on your Android™ deviceDownload on your Windows® device
- If necessary, search for Blackboard Instructor.
- Install the app on your mobile device.
- Open Blackboard Instructor and search for the full name of your school.
If you're unable to find your school, try modifying your search. If your school is part of a larger institution or district, try searching for that name instead. If you still can’t find your school, contact your school’s IT help desk.
- Log in with your Blackboard Learn username and password. These are typically the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a web browser.
We'd love to help, but Blackboard does not have access to your account information. To reset or retrieve your login credentials, contact your school's IT help desk. You can usually find a help desk link or email on your school's Blackboard website. The URL for your school is typically https://yourschool.blackboard.com or something similar.
Join Collaborate sessions
Just need to access Collaborate sessions and don't have courses? As long as you've installed Blackboard Instructor, a link to a Collaborate session will open on your device. You can log in with your Blackboard credentials or join as a guest.
Collaborate isn’t supported for Blackboard Instructor on Windows at this time.
Explore the app
The app provides access to all the courses where you're enrolled as an instructor, TA, course builder, or other custom role. Dive into the app on your own or read about the features first.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
© 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google Inc.
Microsoft Store and Windows Phone are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.