The Server files repository enables administrators, managers, and teachers to access files used anywhere on the site where they have permission. This area can be used as the place where files are located in site-specific context. Access to the folders vary depending on the role of each user. The Server files repository provides the following benefits:
- Access files saved in other courses
- Re-upload files easily to the course
- Link or copy files into the course modules
- Linked files only need to be updated in one place
More on managing repositories on the Moodle website (may be available in English only)
More on server files repository on the Moodle website (may be available in English only)
Enable the Server files repository
Steps: Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage repositories
Server files are turned on by default in all new and upgraded sites. If you need to change the setting, complete these steps.
- From Administration select Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage repositories.
- Update the Server files setting.
Options include Enabled and visible, Enabled but hidden, and Disabled.
- Select Continue to save the changes.