Batch Edit support for recursive actions – 3900.74
Blackboard Learn SaaS
Ultra Course View
Batch editing offers value by streamlining and expediting repetitive tasks. We have updated batch edit to now support recursion. Batch edit actions now apply to all items inside of Folders and Learning Modules.
Image 1: Items inside of Folders and Learning Modules are now included in selections
With this change, all items are now visible on a single page. We have added the ability to expand and collapse Folders and Learning Modules.
Instructors can now perform the following tasks much faster:
- Shift Dates: Select all items and shift the dates forward before you adjust the dates for each item. This is helpful when needing to make sweeping date adjustments.
- Adjust Visibility: Select all items and set them to visible or hidden. This is helpful after course copies, imports, or conversions. In some copy cases, items are hidden by default. Instructors may want to make them visible.
- Remove date/time release conditions: Select all items and set them to visible or hidden. This is helpful when having trouble updating due dates. Due dates must be after the Show On date and before the Hide After date.
We have also made a couple of usability improvements:
- Truncated Long Titles: Items with long titles would overlap with dates and times. Long titles are now truncated to prevent that from happening.
- Fixed Table Header: Batch Edit was difficult to use with courses that had a lot of items. Users would need to scroll to the top of the page to see the column title. The table header now follows the user as they scroll down the page.
- Replaced Dropdown: The batch edit actions available were not obvious. We have replaced the dropdown with individual buttons. The buttons do not become active until a user has selected items.
Users can select up to 100 items when performing a batch edit action.
For administrators: This feature is available for all Ultra courses. There are no configurations needed.