Apps are the content building blocks of pages. Editors place apps on their pages and edit the apps to add content. You can import custom apps and control who has access to the default system and custom apps.
By default, all editors can use apps. To limit who can use them, assign sharing rights.
- From Site Manager select CONFIGURE.
- Select Apps and select System or Custom Apps.
- For system apps, find your app and select Rights.
- For custom apps, find your app and select More, then select Rights.
- Select Assign Group or Assign User.
- Select the groups or users you want to assign.
- Type all or part of the group or user name.
- Select Search.
- Select the group or user you want.
- Repeat until you assign all groups or users.
- Select I'm Done.
Build custom pages with Web Community Manager apps!
You'll build pages using the Web Community Manager apps—they are your content building blocks. Each app is designed to display in a way that is consistent with the type of content contained within the app. Choosing the right app or combination of apps and the right page layouts helps you provide your visitors with adaptive content that automatically responds to the type of device accessing the information and keeps your pages fresh and engaging.
Check out the custom apps we offer, learn how to download, adjust the sharing rights and keep them updated, and how to request a custom app!
Custom apps are included in the list below. These apps aren't installed on your site by default.