Apps are the content building blocks of pages. Editors place apps on their pages and edit the apps to add content. You can import custom apps and control who has access to the default system and custom apps.
By default, all editors can use apps. To limit who can use them, assign sharing rights.
- From Site Manager select CONFIGURE.
- Select Apps and select System or Custom Apps.
- For system apps, find your app and select Rights.
- For custom apps, find your app and select More, then select Rights.
- Select Assign Group or Assign User.
- Select the groups or users you want to assign.
- Type all or part of the group or user name.
- Select Search.
- Select the group or user you want.
- Repeat until you assign all groups or users.
- Select I'm Done.
You build pages using the Web Community Manager apps—they are your content building blocks. Each app is designed to display in a way that is consistent with the type of content contained within the app. Choosing the right app or combination of apps and the right page layouts helps you provide your visitors with adaptive content that automatically responds to the type of device accessing the information and keeps your pages fresh and engaging.
Some users have a choice of two different ways to display the interface when adding content to the website – the classic page experience or the new page experience. Most Web Community Manager Apps contain the same features in both the new page experience and the class page experience. The only difference is the interface. The information you add is the same in both page experiences.
Use the Showroom to learn about all of our apps.
Along with our default apps listed below, we offer custom apps available to download for use on your site. Learn how to download them, adjust the sharing rights, keep them updated, about our custom apps, and request a custom app!