For the best Blackboard Learn experience with your screen reader, use ChromeTM and Jaws on a Windows® system. On a Mac® use Safari® and VoiceOver. Visit the Accessibility topic to learn more about Blackboard's approach to accessible software.
Blackboard supports five primary browsers for Learn releases. Links to the vendor sites for the browsers are included in this topic.
Run the browser checker to see whether Blackboard Learn supports your browser.
|Browser||Desktop Browser Versions|
|Safari1||12+ (Mac OS only)|
1. WebRTC isn’t presently supported on Safari, so the Create Recording feature will not work. Apple has expressed they intend to support this standard in the future. Safari can play back recordings created by the feature without issue.
2. Microsoft ended active development for Internet Explorer in January 2016. While most features of Learn will work with IE11, newer features in Learn will not including Attendance and Create Recording. This browser is not supported and reported issues isolated to Internet Explorer will not be resolved by Product Support. An alternative browser is recommended.
3. Google Chrome versions 42+, Mozilla Firefox versions 52+, and Microsoft Edge don't support NPAPI-type plug-ins, including Java plug-ins and many media browser plug-ins. Blackboard doesn't support these browsers for using embedded media types that require third-party NPAPI plug-ins for viewing.
Supported mobile browsers
|Browser||Mobile Browser Versions||Learn 2016 Theme**||Learn 2012 Theme|
|Safari||With iOS 11+||Compatible||Unsupported|
** Modern mobile browsers are generally considered compatible when using the Learn 2016 system theme and mobile-compatible content. Not all tools and workflows have been optimized for mobile use. Issues reported for tools that aren't yet optimized for mobile devices may be considered an enhancement request.
Tested devices and operating systems
A variety of devices and operating systems were used to test the supported browsers. Support is not limited to these specific operating systems. The desktop browser versions above are supported regardless of the particular device or operating system on which they run.
|Operating Systems used in testing||
Windows 8, Windows 10, MacOS 10.13, MacOS 10.14, MacOS 10.15, Chrome OS
Support is not limited to these specific operating systems as long as the operating system runs a supported browser.
- Blackboard strives to make all its products as accessible as possible. JAWS 17 and 18 are used during accessibility testing of 3900.0 release.
- Chrome support: due to the auto-update feature of Chrome, support is based on the version available at the time of testing.
- Firefox support: due to the auto-update feature of Firefox, support is based on the version available at the time of testing.
- ChromeOS is not supported on devices other than Chromebooks such as ChromeOS running on Windows. ChromiumOS and Chromebit are not supported.
- Officially supported browsers are supported on Linux desktops although the various Linux desktop environments were not specifically tested.
Informações de suporte de navegadores para versões mais antigas
Saiba mais sobre os navegadores que suportam versões específicas do Blackboard Learn 9.1.
Para obter informações sobre os navegadores suportados no Blackboard Learn 9.1 de outubro de 2014 e anterior, consulte os pacotes individuais de notas sobre a versão.