Looking for more information about inline grading? Go to the inline grading overview page.
Launch Date: Q4 2017, 3300.0.0
Instructors grading assignments can view documents inline and annotate the document to provide feedback for students. In prior versions, this used a licensed technology called Crocodoc that will be discontinued on January 15, 2018. This release allows institutions to switch to a replacement service from Box entitled New Box View that offers similar capabilities. Prior documents with annotations will be automatically migrated without requiring action from administrators. Administrators only need to enable the New Box View service.
Requirements and Dependencies
- Inline Grading B2 must be installed an enabled.
- We recommend that administrators initiate the migration between periods of heavy assessment such as between terms. The migration to and adoption of New Box View doesn’t have to occur at the time of upgrade.
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q2 2016 CU6 (3000.1.6)
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q4 2016 CU4 (3100.0.4)
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q2 2017 CU4 (3200.0.4)
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q4 2017 (3300.0.0)
- Blackboard’s current service for the implementation of inline grading is through the Crocodoc API and Box Inc. has decided to discontinue it. The end of life date for the Crocodoc API is January 15, 2018.
- New Box View offers several improvements over Crocodoc, including improved rendering fidelity and expanded support for new file types.
- You shouldn’t expect significant change management for your users. Some users may not notice the change at all due to the similar nature of the UI between the two services.
- There is currently an issue with encrypted PDF files not being rendered properly within New Box View service. Blackboard is working with Box to resolve.
Release Notes for Earlier Versions
Release notes for earlier versions are available in English only.