Here's everything you need to know about the Blackboard Open LMS 3.1 Maintenance Pack 1 release.
Release to Production 2 February 2017. The release time depends on your location and time zone:
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA data center) - Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador time zones: February 2nd at 12:30 AM - 2:30 AM EST
- Central Time zone: February 2nd at 12:30 AM - 2:30 AM CST
- Mountain and Pacific Time zones: February 2nd at 12:30 AM - 2:30 AM PST
- South America (São Paulo, Brazil datacenter): February 2nd at 12:30 AM - 2:30 AM BST
- EMEA (Amsterdam, Netherlands datacenter): February 2nd at 12:30 AM - 2:30 AM CET
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): February 2nd at 12:30 AM - 2:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, Australia datacenter): February 2nd at 12:30 AM - 2:30 AM AEDT
Downtime will be required for your production AND non-production sites during this window.
Non-production site upgrade schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Thursday, January 26th, 2017 between 9 AM - 5 PM EST.
New Features & Benefits Spots
Administrators can now add up to three columns of information under the page banner image in Snap. Use this area to advertise features or benefits of the site to your users and prospective users.
To create a feature or benefit marketing spot administrator navigate to Site admin. From Site admin select Appearance, Themes, Snap, and Features & Benefits Marketing. From here you can add up to 3 features/benefits to the front page, displayed below the page banner image.
To create a feature spot add a title and some text (with an optional image). Adding one feature displays one feature, two displays two features and three displays three features. You can also add a heading to the feature spots, which will only display if you have created a feature spot.
Once a feature spot is added, select Turn editing on from the front page see a quick link to edit the feature spot. This reduces the amount of time it takes to add marketing materials to your front page and provides greater control with less HTML knowledge.
Social media links
Snap now allows administrators to add Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram links in the footer automatically. Add the URL to pages on each service through Snap's administrative settings and the icons and links appear in the footer.
Now you connect socially with your users without needing to add HTML to the Site footer area of Snap's settings. The location of these icons is predetermined and assigned in the footer and can only be changed via CSS.
Plugin reviews and updates
Updates to plugins you currently use will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request updates. Plugins you do not use will not be available automatically and you will need to request access to them by submitting a support ticket.
- Adaptive Quiz v 1.2.2 (2016112900)
- Atto Word Count (2016120900)
- Course Merchant CM3 (2017010401)
- Lightbox Gallery v126.96.36.199 (2016110901)
- Panopto® (2017011600)
- Quickmail v1.5.5 (2015122913)
* Hot fix
A hot fix has been applied to the Grade Me plugin.
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
- General Improvement
- Sites using Core Themes and Snap courses no longer receive error message when opening Snap Personal Menu.
- Fixed bug in which 'Joining Session' message was displayed in course page after collaborate session is joined.
- Added ability to delete Collaborate Recordings from a session.
- Added support for the H5P Module.
- Fixed Fatal error being displayed when user sets Snap theme using URL while Snap theme is already set at site.
- Cleaned up the attachment icon.
- Fixed erroneous logged out message for users who were still logged in.
- "Feedback Available" link on course cards for students was restored.
- Snap now displays updated due dates when due dates are overridden.
- Adjusted the font size for LTI Tools icons.
- Courses now dynamically update on manual completion.
- Hidden site modules will no longer display in deadlines and feedback.
- Advanced Forum
- Fixed marking discussions without attachments as having attachments.
- "Mail Now" option is now available when using Atto Editor.
- Disabled debug messages when discussions are restored.
- Moodle Core
- Added support for embedding .wav files. This was a fix for MDL-54846.
Release notes that are identified by a star ( * ) were added after the original announcement on January 26, 2017.