Explore the Courses tab
The Courses tab contains a list of the courses you're enrolled in. Remember that your institution can rename tabs.
- Course Search: You can search for a course, and if allowed, preview the course. Type a keyword or text string in the box, select Go. The results appears on the Browse Course Catalog page.
- Course List: From the list, you can access any course you're enrolled in or teaching. For example, if you're a student in two courses and a teaching assistant in one course, your course list is divided into the courses you're enrolled in and the courses you're a TA for.
- Course Catalog: You can search the catalog for courses or organizations. Select a category link or select Browse Course Catalog to begin your search.
If your institution has access to community engagement, the organization catalog lists all organizations in categories, such as organization type or semester availability.
Guests can browse the catalog and preview courses. Guests don't have access to the entire course. Instructors determine whether users are allowed to preview a course before enrollment.
Your institution may choose to use a different catalog or no catalog at all.
Want to add or drop a course?
Course enrollments are handled by your institution. If you're enrolled in a course but don't see it in the course list or if you're enrolled in the incorrect course, contact your institution for assistance.
You can't delete old or unwanted courses, but you can hide them from view.
Your institution controls all options in Blackboard Learn, including whether you can customize modules. If you're unable to complete the steps, contact your institution for assistance.
Hide a course in your list
You use the same steps to hide a course from the Courses tab or from the My Courses module on the My Institution tab.
- Select the Manage icon that appears when you move your mouse pointer over the module.
- Locate the row for the course you want to hide and clear the check box in the Course Name column.
- Be sure all check marks are cleared in that course's row.
- Repeat for all courses you want to hide.
- Select Submit.
Browse the Course Catalog
You can use the course catalog to browse the courses offered at your institution. You can find the Course Catalog on the Courses tab. Select Browse Course Catalog to get started.
In the catalog, you can search for courses based on these fields:
- Course ID
- Course Name
- Course Description
- Course Instructor
- Course Term
After you select the field type, type a search term or phrase. By default, the search looks for any course that contains your search term. You can change this operation to search courses that equal or start with your search term instead. You can also select Not blank to see the full list of available courses.
Select Go to start your search. If your list of results is too long, you can refine the results using the Creation Date filter. Choose a date and whether the course you're looking for was created before or after that date.