Logging In To Blackboard SmartView
Esta página só está disponível em inglês.
Select the Interface and Log In
- Navigate to the URL provided to you (be sure to use the full correct URL). You will be directed to the SmartView log in page.
- Enter your username and password.
- Select either Advisor Desktop or Service Desk from the Interface drop-down list.
- Click the Log In button.
Note: You must enter a username, password, and select Advisor Desktop or Service Desk from the Interface drop-down list before you can log in.
Any time you authenticate to SmartView with an interface selected, your browser sets a cookie for the selected interface.
The Interface drop-down list will show one of the following selections:
"Please Select" - will show as default selection if no cookie is detected.
"Advisor Desktop" - will show as default selection if cookie for Advisor Desktop has been set.
"Service Desk" - will show as default selection if cookie for Service Desk has been set.
If cookies are cleared, the Interface default selection will return to "Please Select" and you will need to select an interface.
To log out of SmartView, click on the Log Out button in the header of the interface you are working in.
- If you have more than one tab or window opened to a SmartView interface, selecting Log Out will log you out of all tabs and windows in the same browser.
- If you have a SmartView interface opened in more than one browser, selecting Log Out on a tab or window in one browser will log you out of all tabs and windows in that browser, but not other browsers.
Switching Between Interfaces
Users can navigate from the Advisor Desktop interface to the Service Desk interface, and vice-versa.
- When in Advisor Desktop, you can click on the Service Desk link in the header to open the Service Desk interface in another tab or window.
- When in Service Desk, you can click on the Advisor Desktop link in the header to open the Advisor Desktop interface in another tab or window.
Timeout Auto Log Out
Inactive users will be automatically logged out and redirected to the log in page, which will include a message indicating log out due to a period of inactivity.
Inactive means the user has not clicked on anything that would necessitate a service call or refresh of information.
The inactive auto log out period is configurable with a default setting of two hours.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking the "Forgot your password?" link on the log in page.
You will be prompted to enter your email address (the one on your user profile). Enter it and click the Submit button.
You will be presented with a message indicating a Reset Password email was sent to your email address.
You will receive an email containing two password reset links (click the links or paste the URL in your browser window). You will be redirected to a page where you may reset your password. Enter your new password, confirm your new password, and click the Submit button.
You will be presented with a message indicating that your password was reset. You will be redirected to the log in page (the message includes the countdown to the redirect, or provides a link to redirect).
You will be required to log in with your new password.