Highlight your announcements with alerts
The Important Announcement app allows your district to add alert notifications along the top of a webpage where the app is placed. The app can be placed in any content region on the page. You control the colors - background color, icon color, text color, and link color - within the app for each alert. Choose a custom icon for your alert or choose an icon from the Blackboard Icon Library, as seen in the Template Configuration window in Web Community Manager.
This app is a WCM custom app that must be downloaded to use.
Add the Important Announcement app
Drag the Important Announcement app onto your page.
Items marked with a red asterisk are required
- Type the announcement Title.
- Tick the Use Icon Image box if you want to include an icon with your announcement.
- Select where you want to pull the icon image from or upload a custom image.
- Configure your color settings for the announcement.
- Type the announcement text in the text editor.
- On the Tags tab, type a comma separated list of tags to associate with the record.
- On the Duration tab, choose your Start Date and End Date.
- On the Viewers tab, select specific groups or users to view the record.
- Select Activate on my page to display the article on your page.
- Select Save.