Linked files are available in English only.
Blackboard is invested in the usability and accessibility of all our products and services. In keeping with our strong tradition of leadership around accessibility, our products are generally designed and developed with internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), as well as Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, in mind. Blackboard strives to meet the globally recognized WCAG 2.1 Level AA success criteria and conducts regular third-party accessibility testing of its products to assess conformance with industry standards.
More on Blackboard's commitment to accessibility
Best screen reader experience
For the best Web Community Manager (WCM) experience with your screen reader use ChromeTM and Jaws on a Windows® system. On a Mac® use Safari® and VoiceOver.
Industry standard keyboard interactions are used throughout Web Community Manager. Keyboard navigation patterns differ between browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome), but the interactions within any particular browser are common and consistent.
If you are using a Mac with Firefox or Safari and are having difficulty navigating using your keyboard, review and update your operating system and browser settings. This ensures they are properly configured for keyboard navigation. To learn more, see the following information:
Accessibility in the WCM platform
The Web Community Manager platform approaches accessibility in the following ways:
- Template-based pages and apps provide consistent interactions and user experience across pages
- Allows clients to configure their templates while still remaining within the color contrast ratio
- Provides full support for keyboard navigation
- Text can be resized 200 percent without loss of content or functionality
- Contains page titles with the name of the workspace within which the user is working