The Quickmail block enhances the existing communication systems of messaging (one user) and subscribed forums (all subscribers) by allowing teachers to select customized sets of students.
Steps: Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Blocks > Quickmail.
- From Site Administration select Plugins, Blocks, and Quickmail.
- Select from the following:
- Allow students to use Quickmail: Select Yes from the drop-down to allow students to use Quickmail.
- Roles to filter by: Select the role(s) available to filter by when creating a message.
- Add Breadcrumbs to Message Body: Select to add breadcrumbs links to the site and course at the top of every Quickmail message.
- Receive a copy: If set to Yes, the creator receives a copy of the email.
- Prepend Course name: To attach the shortname of the course to the subject line of the email select Short name from the drop-down menu, alternatively the course ID number can be used.
- FERPA Mode: Use this setting to define how the Quickmail block behaves when groups are used in a course.
- Select Save changes when you are finished.