Get a topic started
Use the Wiki app to create collaborative content for your website. You could create a wiki at the start of a topic or lesson, for example, and have students add information to it as they learn it. You could use the wiki as a collaborative learning tool where students could create learning wikis and teach each other about a topic.
Drag the Wiki app onto your page.
Items marked with a red asterisk are required
Select the purple arrow to expand the panel, giving you more room to work!
- Select New Posting.
- Type the Posting Title and the Body. You can include links and images and style the text as needed.
- Select Save.
- Select Options.
- Type the App Name to use as the title.
- Type the Description, and select Show the app name on my page.
- Choose the Display Settings for the number of posts to list. Select Display all active app records or Display a specific number of active app records and set the Record Limit.
App social settings
If you have Social Media Framework, you may be able to add one or all of these social media elements to your apps in the App Options. Whether you can add a particular element depends on which settings and elements your Site Administrator has enabled. Site Administrators may enable RSS feeds regardless of whether or not you have Social Media Framework.
- Visitor Commenting allows visitors to comment on your app.
- Visitor Rating allows visitors to rate your app.
- RSS Feeds allows visitors to subscribe to Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds for your app.
- Community Editing allows visitors to your website to contribute to your app.
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Work with simple wikis explains how to work with the wiki app in Web Community Manager.
Wiki user guide