To access recordings of sessions you created, open the Recording screen in the Meeting, Drop-In or Course utility.
Because Meetings are the most commonly used session types, we will discuss only Meeting recordings here.
- Click the Utilities link at the top of the SAS interface.
- Under the Session Management section, click the Meetings link. The Meeting Session Sort/Filter screen opens.
- Specify your sort/filter criteria (or leave the default values) and click Accept. The Meetings Sessions screen opens.
- Select the Meeting Session that was recorded. (Click the box in the left column.)
- Click the Rooms button in the toolbar. The Rooms screen opens.
Select the Room that was recorded. (Click the box in the left column.)
Any rooms that were recorded will have "True" in the Recording column. (If you just completed a recording and closed the room, it may take a few minutes for the recording to close and show up.)
- Click the Recording button in the toolbar. The Recording screen opens.
The recording files can be played by streaming from the hosted SAS service or downloading for playback when offline. These recordings also can be shared with others by distributing the recording link.
Play the Recording
- From the Recording screen, click the Playback button.
If only the original Blackboard Collaborate recording format is available, you will be prompted to open it. However, if the recording was converted to MP3 or MP4, you are presented with a web page from which to select your appropriate recording format.
Click the appropriate recording link to initiate playback. The full interactive Blackboard Collaborate recording will open up in the Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing interface and MP3 and MP4 recordings will open in a media player embedded in your browser.
There is a limit to the number of MP4 views (including downloads) that are allowed by your institution per year: the default is 10,000 views per year per login group. If this limit is reached, you will be prompted to view the recording in the original, native Blackboard Collaborate format (VCR file).
Download the MP3 or MP4 Recording to Play Later
To download the file to your desktop or Android device to play it later, click the Download button in the embedded media player. (To open the player, see Playing the Recording above.)
To access the file from your iOS device, download the file to your desktop/laptop computer and then use iTunes to copy/sync the file to your iPad or iPhone.
Distribute the Recording Link
Copy the recording's link for distribution to others from the Playback Link field of the Recording screen and either email it or post it online.
If only the original Blackboard Collaborate recording format is available, those with whom you share the link will be prompted to open it (via the meeting.jnlp file). However, if the recording was converted to MP3 or MP4, they will be presented with a web page from which to select the desired recording format.
Anyone can play any recording (except for Private recordings), as long as they have the link - even if the recording is not accessible from their My Recordings page.
Edit Recording File Information
- From the Recording screen, you can also edit information about recording files by clicking the Manage Recording Files.) Edit button. (For details, see