Microsoft admin registration for OneDrive LTI
(for adding a read-only document or creating a collaborative document)
Register the OneDrive LTI 1.3 tool
- From the Administrator Panel, select LTI Tool Providers.
- Select Register LTI 1.3 Tool.
- In the Client ID field, type or copy and paste this ID: 78cd1b1c-ccbd-4318-9f90-22241f63b1f5
- Click on Submit.
- Review all settings that have been pre-populated in the Tool Status view, and make sure the Tool Status round button selected is Approved.
- In Institution Policies, enable the Role in course and Name checkboxes in the user fields to send. All other user fields are optional, but it’s recommended to leave them on, for future proofing your OneDrive installation.
- Allow grade service access and Allow Membership Service Access are also optional at the moment but might be required for future updates to the LTI tool.
- Copy the Deployment ID. You will need it to configure the Microsoft LTI Tool to work with your site (next section).
- Select the Submit button to finish.
Adding this client ID will configure two different placements: one that enables access to the tool from the Content Market, Books and Tools and the Rich text editor, and another which enables access to the tool from the Add Content menu in the course online for Ultra courses.
Configure The Microsoft LTI Tool to work with your site
- Go to https://onedrivelti.microsoft.com/admin and log in with an Azure account that has Global Admin privileges.
- Click on the Admin Consent button to authorize the LTI application the access it requires in the active directory.
- Click on Create new LTI Tenant and follow the step-by-step instructions. You will be prompted to paste the Deployment Id that you copied while registering the tool in learn.
After you complete these steps, your instructors will have two (2) options called "Embedded Document" and " Cloud Collaboration" in the Create item menu, to add read-only or collaborative documents from OneDrive accordingly.
If you have already installed the OneDrive tool, you'll need to synchronize the placements. Select "Manage placements" and click on "Synchronize Placements" located at the far right side of the tabs panel.
Recommended browser settings
- Cookies should be enabled for Microsoft OneDrive.
- Popups should not be blocked for Microsoft OneDrive.
Cookies are not enabled by default in the Chrome browser incognito mode, and will need to be enabled. Microsoft OneDrive LTI works in the private mode in Microsoft Edge browser. Ensure that you have not blocked cookies (which are enabled by default).