SafeAssign only supports file types that are convertible to plain text. You can submit multiple supported files at a time as a ZIP file.
- Microsoft® Word document (DOC, DOCX)
- Macro-enabled Microsoft® Word document (DOCM)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- HTML (HTM, HTML)
- Text (TXT, TEXT)
- Zip-compressed multiple files (ZIP) Must include supported file types
- Portable document format (PDF)
- Open document format (ODT)
- PowerPoint (PPT)
The file size limit for SafeAssign processing is 10MB.
Instructors: If you want to use inline grading annotation with SafeAssign, students need to submit their assignments using these file types: DOC, DOX, PDF.
SafeAssign counts and displays the total number of attachments in a submission, as well as the number of attachments processed by SafeAssign. SafeAssign only processes and creates Originality Reports for attachments that match the supported file types. For unsupported file types, the SafeAssign Originality Report omits a matching score.