Give quick access to key links
Use the Site Shortcuts app to add links to websites that are important to your visitors. Link to your course online textbook or to the district acceptable use policy for working with computers, for example. You could also use the Site Shortcuts app to link to the district calendar, lunch menu, and announcement pages.
Drag the Shortcuts app onto your page.
Items marked with a red asterisk are required
Select the purple arrow to expand the panel, giving you more room to work!
- Type the Link Text to be shown on your page.
- Type the Web Address for the link.
- Choose how you want the Target window to open.
- Type the Tooltip for the link.
- Select the Parent Link for the link.
- Choose whether or not to Auto Expand the link.
- Upload a Link Image and include your desired Height and Width for the image.
- Upload a Rollover Image for the link.
- Select Activate on my page to display the link on your page.
- Select Save.
- Select Options.
- Type the App Name to use as the title.
- Type the Description, and select Show the app name on my page.
You can add new links, edit existing links, delete links, or set them as inactive or active.
- Select Active to make the link active or inactive.
- Select Edit to edit the link information and settings.
- Select Delete to delete the link from the app.
- Select Organizeto sort the links.
- Select I'm Done when finished.
Want to share your content with another group or user? From the Sharing tab, you can choose groups to share your content.
Video: Add basic site shortcuts explains how to add basic site shortcuts in Web Community Manager.
Video: Organize site shortcuts explains how to organize shortcuts in Web Community Manager.