Don't reinvent the wheel!
You can use messages you sent in the past as a reminder or you can use it as a start for a new message. Check out which messages you can edit, which ones you can't change, and which messages you can copy to create a new message.
Which messages can I change?
You can change any message you created, and you can copy and then change any message your school or district created for teachers. The only messages you will not be able to change at all are the System Messages designed by Blackboard.
The messages that you can change will include the Copy, Edit, and/or Delete buttons.
Select the message to reuse
The Saved Messages area on the Send Message page contains the messages that you can reuse.
- Select Messages > Send.
- Select the Recipients.
- Select the Start Time.
- Select the message to reuse from Saved Messages list.
The Saved Messages area contains the Drafts folder which includes messages you edited but did not send, and the Miscellaneous folder which contains the messages you have sent in the past. The other categories of folders contain messages created by your school or district administrator to be used by teachers, or system messages created by Blackboard for teachers. Different category examples may include Class Achievements, Class Behavior, or Class Projects.
- Select the messages to use. The message will appear in the Send Message page.
- If you chose a Draft message, you can begin updating the message.
- If you chose a Miscellaneous message, first select Copy or Edit to begin updating the message.
If you want to delete a message, select either the Delete button or the Delete icon from the Saved Messages area.
- If you chose a message from another category, if the message was designed by your school or district, you can select Copy and then make changes to the message. You cannot change or delete the message directly.
- If you chose a message from another category that is a Blackboard system message, you will not be able to make any changes to the message. You will also not be able to copy or delete the message.
- Update the delivery methods if needed. You can select the Email or Text/SMS icons to add that message type:
- Emails — You can update the text and add any images. To remove the email option, close out the tab from the upper right hand corner.
- Text/SMS — Content needs to be less than 160 characters. To remove the text/SMS option, close out the tab from the upper right hand corner.
To remove a delivery-type, select the Remove option.
- Select Send when finished. The message will be added to your Miscellaneous category.