If you are having issues with your audio or video, please check your session and browser settings.
- Are the audio or video controls on? A line through the icons means that a device is not enabled.
- Are you using the latest version of Safari? Update your browser.
- Does the browser have permission to access your camera and microphone?
- Open the Safari Preferences menu and select Websites. Select Camera or Microphone. Find Collaborate in the list of Currently Open Websites and select Allow from the menu.
- Did you install the WebRTC-enabling plugin?
- Open the Safari Preferences menu and select Websites. From the list of Plug-ins, select WebRTC. Find the Collaborate session in the list of websites and select On from the menu. If you don't see it, download the WebRTC plugin and install it.
Use the Tab key or VoiceOver cursor navigation keys to focus the Share Audio button. Press space to activate it. VoiceOver should announce that audio is shared.
If you are having issues with setting up your audio and view with VoiceOver, follow these steps:
- Find the “My Settings” toggle button and press Spacebar to select it.
- Find the “Audio and Video Settings” tab and press VO + Spacebar on it to select it.
- Tab to and press Spacebar on the “Set Up My Camera and Microphone” button.
- Press the Up and Down arrows to select the microphone you want to use.
- VoiceOver announces "You sound great!" when Collaborate is receiving your audio. Press the Arrow keys to move to "Yes, it's working" and press Enter.
- Press the Up and Down arrows to select the camera you want to use.
- VoiceOver announces "You look great!" when Collaborate is receiving your video. Press the Arrow keys to move to "Yes, it's working" and press Enter.
- Press VO + Spacebar on the “Close” button to close the dialog.
Application sharing issues
Application sharing in Safari is not supported at this time.