Use the Chat Support feature in My Settings. The chatbot is always on and responds to commonly asked Collaborate questions and issues.
If you are having connection issues, you can also try these things:
- Check your network connection.
- Try our connection best practices to help reduce the load on your network.
- Try to rejoin. Sessions are spread across several servers. You move to a different server when you rejoin.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Deactivate browser ad-ons and see if that fixes your issue.
- Clear browser cache and refresh browser. Clearing the browser cache allows Collaborate to download the necessary components again to run a session. This can fix certain connection issues and some visual issues with the interface.
- Give your browser permission to access your device microphone and camera.
If the problem continues, collect as much detail as you can about the issue. Contact your institution support or help desk. If you don’t know how to contact your institution’s help desk, you can look up your university with our Support Service.
It's best practice to collect as much detail as you can about your issue. Detail helps your institution support team resolve the issue quicker.
- Describe the issue in detail
- Take a screenshot of the issue
- Take a screenshot of your connection status during the session
- Include the link to the session
- Identify the precise time of the issue
- Include the Session ID and Session Instance ID at the bottom of the Report an issue panel
- Explain what you tried to resolve the issue
Report an issue
When you report an issue, it does not generate a support case with Blackboard.
Help us monitor global performance. Report an issue while in your session.
- Open the Session menu and select Report an issue.
- Identify and describe the issues that you had during the session.
- Select Submit.