自上世纪 70 年代中期以来，美国就颁布了保护学生隐私的法律，最近国际上又制定了新的法律。随着最近电子数据存储和记录的爆炸式增长，机构越来越担心公开学生的个人信息。学生和他们的家长意识到他们的数据和记录可能未受到保护，从而会损害他们的隐私。他们一直在询问有关如何存储、保护和使用个人数据的问题。为了回应这些问题，机构开始仔细检查和评估他们的学生隐私保护政策和流程。
- 有关与 Blackboard 应用程序相关的隐私法的信息。有关国际法律和用户隐私的信息，请参阅安全管理 - 数据使用和隐私公开。
Many resources are available for learning about privacy regulations and laws, both in the United States and in other countries. An institution's main resource for interpreting and applying laws and regulations is its legal department or retained legal counsel.
- US Department of Education - This site has general information about FERPA.
- Family Policy Compliance Office (FPCO) - This site has a mission to implement two laws that seek to ensure student and parental rights in education: the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA)
- Council on Law and Higher Education - This site represents an independent nonprofit organization, founded in 1998, that is dedicated to assisting presidents, senior-level administrators, and attorneys in managing legal risk and improving regulatory compliance.
- State Commissions on Higher Education list - State commissions on higher education act information and regulatory arms for colleges and universities in their respective states. Financial aid, veteran's benefits, state academic goals and funding are all detailed on these sites.
- Association for Student Judicial Affairs - This site represents a professional association that serves the needs of campus judicial officers.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center - This site represents a public interest research center in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values. This is a special page on student privacy issues.