In the Blackboard app for Windows, see an up-to-the-minute list of important course activity including new content, announcements, and grades. The activity stream automatically prioritizes the items to help you focus on the tasks that you want to take care of right away.
Tap an item in the stream to open it and begin working. Tap the linked course title within the item if you want to go to the course outline instead.
Activity stream items
These items show in your activity stream:
- Alerts from your school
- Course announcements
- Tests and assignments that are due today or this week
- Instructor changes to due dates
- Calendar events for today and the week
- Instructor changes to events
- Grades posted for tests, assignments, graded discussions
- Grade changed for tests, assignments, graded discussions
- Item added for course items, assignments, tests
- Missed, overdue, and completed assignments and tests
- Blackboard Learn system announcements show in the Activity Stream in the app. The app doesn't have the Announcements tool that is available in the browser view of Blackboard Learn with the Original experience.
- Course announcements created by instructors in the course web view show in the stream.
In the app's activity stream, you can dismiss items in the Important section after you read them.
- When you dismiss a course announcement, it's no longer accessible in the app's Activity Stream on any device. The announcement is still available in Announcements within the course.
- When you dismiss a system announcement, it's no longer accessible in the app on the specific device where you dismissed the system announcement.
- Dismissing announcements in the app doesn't carry over to your web view of Blackboard Learn.