Administrators add, edit, and delete important messages from the institution on the Announcements page.
In the Original experience, these announcements appear in these areas:
- The Announcements section of every course and organization
- The My Announcements portal module
- The Announcements tool in the portal tool panel
In the Ultra experience, announcements appear in these areas:
To learn how to enable the announcements tool for courses and organizations in the Original Course View, see Manage Tools.
- On the Administrator Panel in the Tools and Utilities section, select Announcements.
- Select Create Announcement -OR- select Edit in the announcement's menu. This table describes the options.
Announcement Options Option Description Announcement Information Subject [r] Provide a subject for the message. Message Provide the body of the announcement.
You can use the HTML editor to ensure your message formatting is preserved. Use <br /> for line breaks. "
" can render in browsers incorrectly and disregard the line breaks in your message.
Web Announcement Options Duration Select Permanent to create a permanent announcement. This announcement automatically appears after the time and date it is created. Select Date Restricted to define the display dates. Select Date Restrictions This field displays only if you select Date Restricted in the Duration field. Select the Display After check box to make the announcement available on a certain date and time. Set the date and time by typing the values or using the pop-up calendar or clock options. Select the Display Until check box to stop displaying the announcement after a certain date and time. Set the date and time by typing the values or selecting the calendar or clock pickers. Show at Login Select Yes or No to make the announcement display on the login page. Show in Courses and Organizations Select Yes or No to make the announcement display on the Courses page. In the Original Course View, institution announcements will also show in the My Announcements module in Courses and Organizations pages.
- Select Submit.
In the Original experience, announcements appear in the My Announcements module on the My Institution tab in this order:
- Permanent institution announcements appear first.
- Institution announcements that fall into the display range appear next.
- Permanent course and organization announcements appear next.
- Course and organization announcements that fall into the display range appear last.
Within each of the above categories, announcements appear in order of creation.
In the Ultra experience, announcements appear in the Today section of each user's activity stream. If you want to create announcements that reach only a select group of users, create a targeted notification. You can also display announcements on the Ultra login page so that your users don't need to log in to view announcements.