Enjoy a Java-free experience in your LMS/VLE courses.
Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra experience is Learning Tools Interoperability® (LTI)-compliant.
Now your users can join a Collaborate with Ultra experience session from their course on your LTI-compliant Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) of choice.
They don't need to install Java or download and open Java-reliant files to their devices. The session opens in a new window or tab, depending on their browser settings.
When you link to the Blackboard Collaborate regional server, your instructors can add Collaborate to their courses. They can create virtual lectures, offices, and meeting spaces to engage their students in a more collaborative and interactive learning experience.
To use Collaborate with the Ultra experience with your Learning Management System (LMS), start by contacting Blackboard to have it enabled on your instance and receive your integration credentials.
Submit a case on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only). Fill in all of the fields and make these selections:
- From the Product line menu, select Collaborate.
- From the Environment menu, select Web Conferencing.
- From the Issue Topic menu, select Collaborate Ultra.
- From the Functional Area menu, select LMS Integration Credential Creation Requests.
- From the Category menu, select your Learning Management System.
- Blackboard Learn
- LTI integration
- Moodle plugin
- Rest API integration
- From the Instance menu, select your instance:
- In the Description area, specify Collaborate Ultra.
Link to Your LMS
Link to the Collaborate regional server from your LMS. You need to do this as an administrator.
Use the provided server URL, Key, and Secret. Make sure you allow the user to see the link if you have the option to show and hide it.
You will also need to configure your LMS to send the Context ID, User ID, User name, and User email address to the Blackboard Collaborate LTI provider.
This is only a general guide. Review your LMS documentation for more detailed instructions.
Configure Collaborate on your LMS
Set up your LMS with the LTI-compliant Collaborate.
These links take you to articles on Behind the Blackboard and are available in English only.
Instructors can create as many sessions as they want in their course.
They also have a Course Room that is an open session dedicated to their course. This makes it easier for your instructors to use Collaborate with the Ultra experience in their LMS/VLE courses. It also provides moderators and participants a convenient launch point for classes or impromptu meetings.
The course room is on by default but can be turned off. To learn more, see Turn off the course room.
You can turn off the dedicated course room at the institution level and the course level.
- Turn it off for the whole institution: Contact Support to have the course room turned off for your whole institution. Instructors and students won't be able to access or use the course room.
- Turn it off for an individual course: Open the More menu for the course room. Select Lock course room. Students are not able to view or join the session.