Blackboard has partnered with Copia Class to provide seamless access for instructors and students to Copia Class content directly in their Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Open LMS courses, making course delivery easier and more convenient, saving time, and creating an even better course experience.
This integration works with Blackboard Open LMS, Blackboard Learn Release 9.1, version October 2014 and later, as well as all versions of SaaS for Original and Ultra Course Views.
Features and benefits
- Single Sign-on: With single sign-on, students are ready on their first day with easy access to Copia Class courses and library content directly from their Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS course.
- Direct Links: Link to a Copia Class course or an assigned Copia Class eBook from within Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS.
- Grade Sync: Flexible, on-demand grade synchronization capabilities allow instructors to share students’ cumulative Copia Class grades with the Blackboard Learn Gradebook. This feature is not available for Blackboard Open LMS at this time.
- Familiar workflows: Access to Copia Class content within the course content area makes it easy for you to find and adopt content within your native Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS workflow.
- Student data privacy: Student information remains secure through full compliance with student privacy standards, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
You can download and install the Partner Cloud Building Block, which includes the Copia Class integration, at no cost. Partner Cloud is pre-installed on Blackboard Open LMS. After the Partner Cloud Building Block is installed and the Copia Class integration is configured, faculty can add Copia Class content to their Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS courses through the Content Market under the Partner Content menu in any course content area. Release notes and the administrator guide are available on Behind the Blackboard.