Snapshot of common course tasks!
This list of common tasks will help you get up and running in your course. This is just the beginning ... there are many more functions available.
When submitting assignments, you can type responses directly into a Blackboard Open LMS, or attach documents, spreadsheets, images, audio and video.
- From your course, select the name of the assignment title.
How it looks in Snap
How it looks in another theme
- Read the assignment instructions and review the submission status.
- Select Add submission.
- Type Online text if required.
You can also include images in the text.
- Add File submissions if required.
You can attach a document or drag and drop it in the File submissions box.
- Select Save changes.
You can view an assignment after you have submitted it to view grades or add comments.
Check out more about assignments.
Reply to a discussion forum
Discuss coursework and other related educational topics with forums.
- From your course, select the name of the discussion forum.
- Within the forum, select a discussion topic to view its threads.
- Select Reply beneath the post you want to reply to.
- Type a subject for your post.
- Type your post.
- Optionally, select Use advanced editor to format your post.
- Optionally, Choose files to add to the post.
- Select Submit.
Your reply appears indented under the original post.
Check out more about forums and discussions.
Format text and insert images and other media with the HTML editor.
- When replying to a discussion or typing text online, select Use advanced editor for the HTML editor.
Select the Show more buttons icon at the top of the message box to expand and use more functions.
- Add your text and then place your cursor where you want the image to appear.
- Select the Insert/Edit image icon.
- Browse to find an image by selecting Find or upload an image. Select the image, and click Select this file. You can also paste a URL into the Image URL box.
- Type an image description.
- Select the Appearance tab to set the image dimensions and alignment.
- Select Insert.