Here's everything you need to know about the Blackboard Open LMS 2.9 Maintenance Pack 1 release.
The release is available on the following date at 3 AM - 5 AM according to time zone.
- North America, Central America, and South America, excluding Brazil (Virginia, USA data center) -Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador time zones: February 4th, 3 AM - 5 AM ET
- Central time zone: February 4th, 3 AM - 5 AM CT
- Mountain and Pacific time zones: February 4th, 3 AM - 5 AM PT
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (Amsterdam, NL data center): February 4th, 3 AM - 5 AM GMT
- Asia Pacific, excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore data center): February 4th, 3 AM - 5 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU data center): February 4th, 3 AM - 5 AM AEST
- Brazil (Rio de Janeiro data center): February 4th, 3 AM - 5 AM BGT
Downtime will be required for your production AND non-production sites during this window.
Non-Production Sites Upgrade Schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Tuesday, February 2, 2016, between 8 AM - 5 PM EST.
Plugin Reviews and Updates
Updates to plugins you are already using will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request it. Plugins you are not already using will not be available automatically and will need to be requested in a support ticket.
- Kaltura® - 2015122708
- McGraw-Hill® AAIRS - 2015051104
- Scantron Class Climate® - 2015062301
- Turning Technologies® - 2015070800
- Turnitin® Moodle Direct (V2) - 2016011101
Bug Fixes and Minor Enhancements
- General Features
- Added Traditional Chinese translation
- Resolved Lori API calls from Publisher cloud failing with a 400 Bad request
- New: Updated translations
- Advanced Forum
- Resolved error displaying when listing groups in Advanced Forum
- * Added "Post a copy to all groups" checkbox option to Advanced Forums consistent with Moodle Forums
- Campus Vue Integration
- * Resolved CampusVue attendance automated export format changing after 2.9 upgrade
- Resolved ability to delete sections not available in folderview
- Joule Grader
- Resolved Joule Grader comments taking excessive time to process
- Joule Reports
- Resolved question mark in Admin Reports SQL throwing error
- Moodle Core
- Added Moodle Core 2.9.4 Security Fixes
- MDL-52078: Resolved Natural Aggregation -Student view of grades not matching the teacher's view
- MDL-51483: Resolved inserting media in assignment via "online text" causes page to cease loading
- Personalized Learning Designer
- Resolved release code restriction being case sensitive
- Resolved focus not properly providing visual cues
- Resolved Page/Book module titles displaying after description
- Resolved single section at a time mode displaying improperly in Snap
- Resolved conditional flag and restricted information on activity/resource displaying for student even though the restrict access conditions were met
- Resolved editing is turned off automatically when assignment is added in snap folder view course
- Resolved screen Reader not announcing content changes in "Next Section"
- Resolved students unable to print book
- * Resolved a conditionally restricted asset link with no anchor being rendered as a broken link in Internet Explorer
- * Added media object focus indicator when navigating with a keyboard
- * Resolved focus and linking of "Move here" link when navigating with a keyboard
- Third Party Plugins
- Resolved Attendance grade update triggering when settings changed
Release notes marked with a star ( * ) were added after the original announcement on February 2, 2016.