The linked resources are available in English only.
The Communication and Adoption Toolkit for Blackboard Open Content (formerly xpLor) is a collection of resources that Blackboard recommends using when introducing Blackboard Open Content to your educators. These tools will help you generate excitement and drive adoption of the new features.
If you have not already, please be sure to check out the Blackboard Open Content FAQ. Also, when thinking about integrating Blackboard Open Content with your Blackboard Learn environment, please take note of the following. While Blackboard Open Content is tightly integrated with the LMS, choosing to use a tool in Blackboard Open Content could mean less integration with other features in the host environment (LMS). On the other hand, Blackboard Open Content content is shareable and re-usable across courses, the institution, or the world in ways that native LMS content is not. The best option will depend on both individual and institutional goals; therefore, we encourage clients to pilot Blackboard Open Content thoughtfully and to engage with Blackboard to learn how to best leverage this transformational technology.
Communication Resources for Web & Distribution
You don't need to create everything from scratch. These flyers, postcards, web tiles, and headers / footers can be easily used on your institutional web properties or distributed to generate excitement about Blackboard Open Content. The zip file below contains the following resources:
- Blackboard Open Content Flyer for All Clients
- Blackboard Open Content Flyer for Clients who license the Content Management module
- Blackboard Open Content postcard
- "Less Search. More Find" web tile option 1 (JPG)
- "Less Search. More Find" web tile option 2 (JPG)
- "Finding is Easy" web tile (JPG)
- Blackboard Open Content Email Header (JPG) (2 options)
- Blackboard Open Content Footer (JPG)
End-User Feature Guide
A detailed overview of each of the end-user features that are part of Blackboard Open Content, which you can customize to meet your institution's needs.
Video & Web Resources
Here are additional videos and web resources that we recommend you share with your students and educators.
- Blackboard Open Content Playlist - this playlist includes quick hit feature videos focused on Blackboard Open Content. Check back regularly as new videos will be added over time.
- 9.1 Feature Showcase - Dive deep into the individual features and workflows in Blackboard Learn 9.1, for all service packs. Forward this link to your faculty
If you have any feedback regarding the tools you see on this page or if there is a tool that you would like us to add, please let us know.