The following instructions apply to all implementation methods.
Configure tools and roles
- On the System Admin page, select Institution Roles and add a role for a grader (if desired). You can use existing roles for Grade Journey as well.
- In System Admin > Building Blocks > Installed Tools, make the Blackboard Grade Journey Service building block available.
- Open the Blackboard Grade Journey Service menu and select Settings > Grade Extract Settings (Outgoing Data).
- Under Extract Course Role Requirement, update the institution role to select the desired role and select Submit.
- In System Admin > Tools, find Blackboard Grade Journey Service in the list. Make the Grade Approval and Transfer Tool available to new and existing courses.
If desired, you can configure notification settings in Grades Journey. When certain actions occur within the system, the individuals you choose will receive messages describing the activity.
- Select Notification Settings.
- Choose the notification type to edit:
- Select Assignments and Grade Columns to configure the notifications when grade columns have been processed.
- Select Grades Extract to configure the notifications when grades have been extracted.
- Select Grade Event Notification to configure notifications when grade columns have been changed.
- Assign values for To Address, From Address, Subject, and Body.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to include tokens.