Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to Course Messages for the Blackboard student app
Course messages provide a quick and easy way to connect with your fellow learners from within your course using the Blackboard student app.
Just like any other modern messaging platform, you can send and receive rich text messages, share media and receive push notifications with course messages. Your message activity remains inside your course environment and makes it easier to tag or add recipients.
You can access course messages on the Blackboard app from the course messages page.
Course messages work for both Original and ULTRA courses.
Create a course message
Draft a message on the go using the Blackboard app.
- Select your course.
- Tap the Messages bar under the Course Material section.
- Tap New Message.
- Add recipient and subject
- Write your message.
- Tap the paper plane icon on the bottom right corner to send the message.
You can select individual members or All course members as recipients of your message. Simply start to type the name of the recipient in the Recipient text box or type all course members.
View and reply
If you have notifications turned on on your mobile, you get a push notification every time you receive a message from your course instructor or from your course members. Simply tap the push notification to view the message.
Alternatively, you can also go to Courses>Messages>Inbox.
When you view the message you can reply to the individual recipient or reply to all the members with one click.
From the inbox, tap the message you want to reply to.
Tap Reply or Reply all according to your preference.
Write your reply from the editor.
Optionally, you can also add media to your reply from the text editor.
Once you are ready to hit send, Tap the paper plane icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
Add rich text and media to your messages
Course messages for both Original and ULTRA courses work much like any other modern-day messaging platform. When you write a new message or reply to one, you can share media formats such as GIFs, PDFs and images.
- From the inbox screen, tap the paper clip icon to add images from your device.
- You can also tap the camera icon to use the camera on your device to take a picture and send it to the recipient.
Mark unread, Print, or Delete a message
When you receive a message in your course messages inbox, you can delete it, mark it unread, or print it when needed.
- Navigate to your course messages inbox.
- Select the message you want to delete/print or mark unread.
- Navigate to the three-dot menu on the right top corner of the screen.
- Select an action from the options available.
Mark unread and print message options are not available for ULTRA courses.
Every time to receive a new message from your instructor or other course members, you receive a push notification. These notifications act as an instant communication channel among course members. You can opt to turn the push notification feature on course messages On or Off.
- From the Settings menu, tap Push Notifications.
- Use the toggle to turn push notifications ON/OFF according to your preference.