Student Feedback Display Controls - 3900.37
Blackboard Learn SaaS
Ultra Course View
Impact: Instructors, Students, Course Builders
Supporting academic integrity and protecting assessment content is important. Instructors need controls and flexibility for sharing assessment results with students. This new choice allows the instructor to decide when assessment results become available.
If selected, the instructor defines when the student can view their assessment submission:
- after submitting the assessment,
- after the instructor posts the individual student's grade for the assessment,
- after the assessment due date,
- after the instructor posts all the grades for the assessment, or
- on a specific date.
When not selected, students cannot view:
- assessment content such as the title, videos or images, text sections,
- the assessment questions,
- automatic feedback, or
- the additional content section at the end of the assessment.
- Scenario. An instructor is delivering a high-stakes exam. Students should not be able to return to the exam questions after they submit their answers.
Image 1. The instructor should de-select "Allow students to view their submission." Image 2. The student can view the due date, number of attempts remaining, number of submissions, and the grade. Image 3. If the student clicks on the submitted attempt link or the grade, the student submission is hidden. But the student can view the overall assessment feedback.
- Scenario. Students take an exam asynchronously. The instructor wants students to review the questions, answers, and automated feedback after all grades are posted.
Image 4. The instructor should select the "After all grades are posted” option.
The student view reflects the instructor's choice. Image 5. Student view before all grades are posted. Image 6. Student view after all grades are posted.
For instructors and administrators: The default setting is that students can view the assessment results after submitting. Deselecting this option hides the student submission view. Other feedback options included in the side panel remain visible. This includes the overall assessment feedback, final grade, and originality report (if applicable).
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Student Feedback Display Controls shows how instructors can decide when assessment results become available for students.