Set and display pronouns in Ultra Course View - 3900.26.0
As part of planned diversity, equity, and inclusion improvements, this release gives institutions the option to allow users to express to others their personal pronouns. This fosters greater respect between students and with faculty engaging online by letting others know how best to refer to them in their group activities and discussions.
Included in this release:
- Administrators can opt-in to allow use of the new pronoun field.
- Administrators can set the pronoun values users will be able to select, allowing conformance with institutional standards, policy, and culture.
- Administrators can allow users to request additional pronouns to be added to the approved list.
- When allowed, users can select one or more pronoun values to display to others.
- Users in Ultra Course View courses can see the pronouns populated by others in the class.
- Data integration supports populating pronoun values for users through REST, flat file, XML, LIS, and IMS Enterprise methods.
A future release will allow for the display of pronouns in Original Course View courses. User self-selection of pronouns will require that Base Navigation is enabled. When using Original Experience (Base Navigation is not enabled), only data population through data integration will be supported.