We're continually striving to improve the Community Engagement solution!
See the latest changes for Blackboard Mobile Communications App, Blackboard Mass Notifications, Teacher Communications, and Blackboard Social Media Manager.
Select a release note category to filter what you see.
Prepare for the new school year. Check out recommended procedures for back-to-school!
Follow this page to get email updates when we publish new release notes
Blackboard Reach 1.1 Release
Here's what the Blackboard Reach 1.1 release includes:
- Posting message reliability
- Fixed an issue related to posting messages via Google Chrome on Mac, where sometimes the message would disappear. We enhanced message posting reliability.
- Performance of posting message in a large member group is improved.
- Message notification
- Resolved an issue where the message count badge was reporting incorrect numbers. Now users can see appropriate unread count under channels and direct messages as part of the notification.
- Loading district
- School districts are updated and mapped based on Virtual hostname that lists the domains to populate in Reach. Updates will occur nightly.
- Improved the on-screen feedback when no results are found when searching the Chat Archive.
- After enabling a school, that school can now be found on the school settings page without requiring a page reload.
- Fixed an issue related to removing inputs from date field affects the reporting interface.
- UI and UX improvements
- Appropriate exception handled in Message Failed, Member Search, and District Settings.
- Mobile responsive UI improved by instantiating horizontal scroll bar for long text that eases user experience.
- Improved interface on Header display, Universal Navigation display, and landscape view scrolling in mobile browser.
- Improved interface on adjusting the layout of the keyboard that occupied larger space of a screen earlier.
- Fixed an issue related to session management.
- Rich text editor is now responsive and interactive.
- Mobile app configuration
- Now the user can enjoy seamless auto login access to Reach after successful login to Mobile Communications App.
- Performance and reliability
- Fixed an issue related to loading of channels under settings. Now the user can get the channel details without delay for large-member groups.