We're delighted to announce that the next Blackboard Open LMS release is December 27, 2019
This release brief is your primary source of release information. It is a living document that includes high-level information about the new release components, links to key documentation and release notes, and links to access the recordings of our customer webinars.
This is a living document. Return often so you can get the most up-to-date information and resources throughout the release process.
We are excited about moving forward together with you! If you have any questions regarding the release process, please reach out to your client engagement team at [email protected].
Downtime will be required for both production AND non-production sites during this window
New release on non-production (sandbox) sites
- We will upgrade non-production (sandbox) sites on December 05, 2019 between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET. Non-production upgrades occur during North American business hours to improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window.
New release on production sites
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Upgrades will occur on client sites according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador Time zones: December 27th, 2019 at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM EST
- Central Time zone: December 27th, 2019 at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM CST
- Mountain and Pacific Time zones: December 27th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM PST
- South America (São Paulo, Brazil data center): December 27th, 2019 at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM BRST
- EMEA (Amsterdam, Netherlands data center): December 27th, 2019 at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM CET
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): December 27th, 2019 at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, Australia datacenter): December 27th, 2019 at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM AEDT
- Upgrade to Core 3.7.3
- New forum features
- Updates to the messaging interface
- Clear my choice in quizzes
- Media support in essay entries in a lesson
- Updates in competencies: filters and badge criteria
- Course custom fields
- LTI 1.3 Advantage
- Storage report improvements
- Conduit: Enroll and unenroll users in cohorts
- New custom menu in Snap
- Important information about End of Life components
- Classic theme: Automated shift and documentation
- Updated plugins
- Bug fixes and minor enhancements