Let your staff know where the district stands.
You can post your school or district Teacher Communications policy for all teachers to view. Create a statement of goals or standards for teachers to follow when sending message.
What are standard policies districts and schools post for message usage?
Many districts post policies that include the following topics:
- Messages must be to communicate with students, parents, and staff concerning school issues only.
- No operating personal business with messaging system.
- Privacy requirements and monitoring of any messages.
- Any access parents might have to student messages.
- Expected behavior and examples of unacceptable conduct.
- Additional guidelines and best practices for message etiquette.
Add the policy
- From the Blackboard Communications HQ interface menu, select Settings > Global Setting.
- In the Blackboard Policy section, select Show to expand the text box.
- Type in the district or school's policy for Teacher Communications.
- Select Save when finished.