Upload files to your course
Include any files that you want to share with your students as a resource. Students will need the proper software to view the files so be sure that the files you include can be accessed by your students.
Add a file
Steps in Snap: Create learning activity or resource > File > Add
Steps in other themes: Turn editing on > Add an activity or resource > File > Add
- Type a name and description. Check the Display description on course page box if you want the description to show there.
- In the Content box, add and organize the files.
- Click Create folder to organize your files into subfolders.
- Click Add to upload files from your computer or select them from the repositories in the file picker. You can also drag files from your computer and drop them in the box. After you add a file, you can click it to access functions such as delete and rename.
- Set the Appearance options:
- Show size: If enabled, the size of the file will be displayed.
- Show type: If enabled, the file type will be displayed.
- Show upload/modified date: If enabled, the date the file was last uploaded will be displayed.
- Use filters on file content: Select the types of files that can be uploaded to the course.
- Optionally, configure the following settings:
- Common Module Settings
- Restrict Access
- Activity completion
- Select Save and return to course to show the course front page or Save and display to show the new file.
Use the file picker
When you add files to course resources, you use the File Picker. It is available when you add content to resources and activities.
- Locate the activity or resource where the file is to be added and select Edit > Edit Settings.
- In the Content section, select Add.
- The file picker enables you to perform the following functions:
- Upload files from your local computer. The files are automatically uploaded to the course server files repository.
- Select files that were previously uploaded to the course.
- Select files in the system repositories-Private files or Server files.
Private files are only accessible only by you, but they can be added to resources and activities in the course. All new files are automatically added to the system's Server files repository.
- Select files from outside repositories such as Dropbox.
- When you select a file, type a new name in the Save As box, change the author, or choose a license.
- When you select a file, you can make a copy of the file or create an alias/shortcut to the file.