Each user has a private files area for uploading and managing their own files.
The Private files repository provides the following benefits to users:
- Easily reuse files in a single course or across multiple courses.
- Organize files into folders and sub-folders.
- Easily upload files a course.
Access private files
From your Dashboard in all themes, select Private files > Manage my private files
After accessing your private files, there are several different ways to manage the existing files.
How it looks in Snap
How it looks in another theme
- Use the icons on the top of the window to Add, Create folder, or Download all files in a zip file to your computer. You can also drag and drop files directly into this window to add them.
- Use the icons on the right side to change the file display view.
- Select the action menu next to a folder for tools to Zip, Rename, Move, or Delete the folder. Click on the file icon to view the same options for a single file.
Add private files in a course
You can copy or link to files saved in your Private files repository. For example, when replying to a discussion, you can add a private file as an attachment.
- Navigate to the activity or resource where you want to add a file and select the Add icon to open the file picker.
- Select Private Files.
- Select the file you want to add.
- In the pop-up window, change the file or author name, choose the appropriate license settings, and then select one of these options:
- Make a copy of the file and save a new version of the file inside the course.
- Create an alias/shortcut to the file to create a link to the file from the Private files repository. When the original file is updated in the repository the changes take effect in all alias versions.
If these options are not available, proceed to the next step.
- Choose Select this file.