Blackboard Data is a key part of the Blackboard SaaS approach to data and analytics. It's a single source of data from all your current Blackboard products and services.
Blackboard Reporting is the first product built on top the Blackboard Data platform, which lets you access and explore this source of data, so you can take the right action at the right time.
Blackboard Reporting is included for eligible clients with Blackboard Learn SaaS.
Don't have Blackboard Data? Submit a request for Blackboard Data on Behind the Blackboard.
Access Blackboard Data
Access Blackboard Data from a Snowflake web link. We provide you with the link and login credentials. If you don't have access, submit a request on Behind the Blackboard.
Blackboard Data provides you with an engaging set of useful reports. These reports show you the learning activity taking place in your Blackboard tools. Access the data you need to take the right action at the right time.
Blackboard's Data Dictionary presents table and column definitions in an easy to read format. Use this resource to create reports. Learn about the source, usage, and relationships of the entities available.
Data Privacy information in Blackboard Data
Want to know more about what personal information is used on the Blackboard Data Platform, where it comes from, where it is hosted, which third party have access to and other data privacy information?
Blackboard Data Glossary
- Column: Columns refer to columns in the database table.
- Context: Contexts identify where entries apply. For example, in a course or a user session.
- Crow's foot notation: A common way of showing relationships between tables and entities.
- Entry: An entry documents a table or column in an easy to read format. Entries include an easy to read definition, technical specifications, and ERDs.
- Object: Objects show the fully qualified name of the entry. This includes the schema, table, and column. Each are separated by a dot in the description. For example, schema.table.column
- Submodel: A submodel is a group of related entries. For example, the Collaboration submodel includes attendance.
How often does the data generally refresh?
Depending on the source, data may refresh every half hour to nightly. Data from your Blackboard Learn environments update nightly. Collaborate data updates approximately every hour. Telemetry data, such as Ally and SafeAssign, updates approximately every half hour. Please note that these refresh times may be subject to change.
Navigate Blackboard Data
Use the easy navigation menu to move around in Blackboard Data. Select the icon beside the Blackboard Data heading to open the menu.
Send us your feedback
We want to interact with you early and often as we release new capabilities that help you solve your core data and analytics challenges.
We've made it easy for you to send your feedback. Select Feedback from any page to share your thoughts with the team. We appreciate it!